Monday, November 7, 2011

My Bottom Dollar Chicken Trip Tonight!

I went tonight and picked up 17 pounds of boneless skinless chicken, (7 packages)  2 Stove Top Stuffing boxes, $1.50 each and 2 doz Eggs, .98  each.
I had a a .55/2 eggs coupon, and found peelies for $1/1 Stove Top Stuffing on the packages of chicken.
I also had my $5/$30 coupon from an email I had received.
In total, I spent only $22.48!!  That breaks down to $1.32/lb for the chicken plus getting the eggs and stuffing!  I was quite happy tonight, and my Foodsaver was working overtime!  Our freezer is now full, and I see plenty of chicken dinners in our future!

2 comments:

  1. Do you find it is cheaper to use your Foodsaver rather than freezer bags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not cheaper per bag, but the food will last a lot longer in an airtight vaccum sealed bag then in a reg freezer bag. So I do save money by not losing food to freezer burn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)