Sunday, October 9, 2011

Left Over Chicken or Turkey? Make Croquettes

I got this recipe from my mom. I remember having this at home often- it was one of our favorites!! It is great for Thanksgiving left over turkey or chicken. Re-purposing leftovers is a great way to help stretch your families meals. rather than just reheating yesterdays dinner, turn it into something else! Here is what we had for dinner tonight with our roast chicken leftovers.

Chicken Croquettes

Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a large saucepan.
Blend in 1/4 cup flour.
Add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup chicken broth.  Stir until it thickens and bubbles, then cook and stir one minute more.
Add 1 Tbsp Parsley, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated onion, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, dash of: paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.  Stir and then let cool.
Add 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken.  Chill thoroughly.
Shape into patties.  Roll in bread crumbs, egg wash, and bread crumbs again.
Fry in oil about 2 1/2-3 mins per side. 


I usually double this recipe for family size dinners.  Serve with all the typical roast chicken/turkey dinners (or reheat those left overs!)  Not the healthiest, I know, but oh so good!



Hope you enjoy this, my family certainly does!  Thanks Mom for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)