Saturday, February 19, 2011

Welcome to Saving with Wendy!

Well, I am a SAHM for 11 years now.  When I left my job as a Child Care Center Director to be home with my children full time, I still wanted to contribute to our family finances.  I babysat a bit in home for some neighbors with girls the same age as mine.  It was a perfect scenario- they were my girls best friends, and her previous sitter had just retired.  It was as if it was meant to be.  But then I realized I was feeding more mouths, and had some added expenses since we were home all day.  It was about 6 months later that I started searching online about saving money with coupons.  I found a few sites and started reading these incredible stories of others savings!!  I knew I could do it.  Ever since then I have been a hard core couponer, trying not to spend full price on anything!! My girls were 3 and 5 when I quit work, they are now 16 and 14, and we had a surprise addition 4 years ago- our beautiful boy!  Luckily by this time I was well versed in coupon shopping and spent very little on all those baby expenses like diapers/wipes and formula.
I have taught others to coupon, including a stay at home dad, and have taught couponing classes at local mothers groups.  I have been on the big coupon boards and have several I still frequent- but I like the small feel, and hope to pass along some great deals to all of you! 
Welcome to Saving with Wendy!  Join on in and enjoy my new venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)