Friday, April 29, 2011

What are you Planning for Dinner Tonight??

Since I got that great deal on Chicken thighs at Target this week, I searched and found a new, delicious sounding recipe:

Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken


Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup lite soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
  • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup water

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken thighs just until evenly browned on all sides. Place thighs in a slow cooker.
  2. In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
  3. Cover, and cook 4 hours on High. Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
  4. Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over the chicken. 
 
I will let you all know how it turns out.  What's on your menu for tonight???

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful dinner!! I am a new follower from the blog hop! http://cheap-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha!
    The Chicken turned out great- fell apart and melted in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like my kind of dish. I can't wait to try.
    Thanks
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sound so yummy! I'm going to have to remember to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)