Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Glimpse into My Sunday Scissors!

Just a look at how I cut out my Sunday insert coupons! On days that there are some really good coupons, and on P&G insert weeks, I like to get several copies of the paper. It is always helpful to have even numbers of coupons, that way if a Buy One Get One sale you will have at least 2, one for each product you buy!
It is much easier and quite a time saver to clip several inserts at one time.
This week I got 6 papers and had 6 of each insert:

First I make a pile for each set of inserts, Smart Source, Red Plum, and P&G. I then separate the pages of each like insert:

Once the inserts are all laid out, I can then cut apart the double pages to make them easier to cut. I then stack the same pages staggered so I will have 6 like pages to cut at one time.:

You then pick up one stack of like pages, and very carefully make sure they are lined up properly and cut the coupons at one time. It is important they are lined up or you may end up cutting off an expirations date- not good!


As you cut out the coupons, make sure to sort them into piles according to your coupon categories in your coupon holder. Again, another time saver- clip several inserts at one time and sort as you go.
When you are all done clipping and sorting, you may then file them into your preferred method of coupon organizer. In my case, I use a binder with baseball card pages, and each "set" of coupons goes into one pocket.

I am now ready to go through the Store Sale Flyers and match up deals with the coupons I have on hand! I hope this gives you an idea of how to make your coupon clipping a bit easier, especially if you have several inserts to clip at one time. It is important to note, different papers/regions will have different coupons, so if you are using this method, you must stack only coupon inserts from the SAME paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)