Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New to Extreme Couponing??



I am probably considered Extreme compared to the way most people would "normally" shop, but no where near what you see on TV. I am pretty savvy and love getting a deal. I honestly hate to pay full price for anything, and will take my time researching a large purchase before we buy-ok, any purchase- and this drives my hubby nuts! lol But, seriously, if I have the tools, knowledge and desire to save money, then why not!?!?!

Anyway, many people are getting more and more interested in coupons due to the economy, and the TLC Extreme Couponing show. What you see there is a lot of smoke and mirrors, and no real direction on how to save money. I want to help all of you learn to save money! If you would take a moment and check out the links to the right of this post, you will see "New To Couponing? START HERE!!!!" along with lots of other pages chock full of great information.
In the New to Couponing page, I have posted weekly articles filled with awesome advice and tips on how to get yourself started.

What I would like to do now is open my next topic up to all of you! Post your questions below in the comments, or email them to me using the contact me button at the top of the page. I will answer them all in Mondays' article!! So ask away, I promise I won't bite. Just honest answers. And hopefully you will pick up a few tips along the way.

You won't become a super couponer overnight, it takes time and a learning curve. You will make mistakes and learn from them, (I have made my fair share and still do). Store policies change, and new stores open, you have to go with the flow and keep on top of things. But just keep in mind, ANY savings are GOOD savings!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am new to couponing, but have always tried to buy things on sale. But how do you know all the items that are marked down? I went kroger today and found a lot of great items not on my list that where on a great sale (of course I don't know if they have coupons to match) Do I go into the store and write everything on sale down, then come home and coupon match? Thanks for the help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well- there are a few ways to deal with that. My best answer is to never leave home without all your coupons. Have your list and game plan, but if you have all your coupons with you, then you will be prepared in case you run into a great unadvertised sale or a clearance deal!
    Nothing worse than not having the coupons when you run into a deal. The alternate is if you really want the deal and your coupons are at home are to come back at a later time, taking the chance the item could be gone. Is it worth your time and gas to go back again?
    If you don't want to take the coupons into the store, at least keep them in the car, then the trip to the car is easier than running back home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)