Monday, May 16, 2011

You Don't Need to Chase Every Deal, Or Use Every Coupon......



I thought this would be a good topic to approach now that you are starting to get into couponing are excited about saving money.

Deals come and deals go. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to get every deal you see or read about. Many deals actually re-occur every so often. So there is no need to clear a shelf or buy 50 of anything! Remember you are using gas every time you go out as well, so try to get as many stops into one trip out. There really is no need to go out everyday just to get another free tube of toothpaste. I know it is the thrill of the deal, and the excitement of getting something free. Just make sure it is something worth going after.

Also, just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you have to use it!! Yes, I cut most all of the coupons in the inserts. This way, if I come across a deal I will have the coupons on hand ready to use. But, you should see how many I pull out when I clean out my binder at the end of the month. You never know which coupons will result in a great deal for products you need/use, or which ones might turn into a money making deal- even a product you wouldn't normally use. But if a deal doesn't show up, you don't have to feel obligated to use every coupon.

Will I sometimes buy a product I may not use- yes, if it is free or is a money maker. If I don't use it, I know I can always donate it to someone who can. I may also find a new product I do like. But, I will not use a coupon just to use it- unless it is something I really need at the time.

Just remember, as you get more experienced with shopping using coupons, you will see that the sale and coupons do come around again. Take your time and shop smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! It reassures me I am not talking to myself :)